The Spectra team at the Iowa Events Center is excited to work with you to bring your event to life. It is our honor to host every event that comes to our building, and the past months have reminded us how privileged we are to work with all of you.
As always, our priority is the health and safety of everyone who enters our facility. We are taking every measure to ensure that we provide a safe environment for all our events by implementing cleaning and sanitizing procedures recommended by Spectra's corporate office as well as local health officials.
Wells Fargo Arena Fan Safety Guidelines:
Specific Information for Disney On Ice, November 26 – December 6
- Disney On Ice will limit arena capacity to preserve social distancing.
- This event uses socially distanced pod seating, which was created for safety and health purposes. Pods must be purchased in their entirety and may not be divided. Tickets in a pod may not be sold or transferred to anyone other than family/trusted acquaintances who have chosen to attend the event together, unless all such tickets (i.e., the full pod) are being sold or transferred to one party.
- All fans age 2 and older must have a ticket and wear a face covering, except when eating and drinking.
- Please make sure to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet between your party and others upon arrival and while navigating the concourse and seating area.
- Guests are encouraged to use the entrance closest to their seats to prevent congregation and fan crossover.
- Increased sanitization of high-contact areas including doors, railings and concession counters.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the venue at main entrances and high volume areas to promote hand hygiene.
- Concourse equipment will be minimized to allow additional space for social distancing.
- Wells Fargo Arena will be implementing a clear bag policy for this event with a maximum size of 12"x6"x12" being permitted in. Exceptions will be made for bags containing items required for medical, family, or child care.
- All Wells Fargo Arena staff working the event will be temperature checked and required to wear face coverings.
- Visit DisneyOnIce.com for additional information regarding Guest Wellness.
Iowa Events Center Reopening Guidelines for Convention Center Events
Spectra is excited to be "Together Again" with our clients, vendors, and attendees. The following staff policies and event guidelines have been developed to assist you as you navigate the event planning process. We are committed to working with each event organizer on a specific plan for their event that follows guidelines to allow each event to take place in a manner that is safe for the staff and attendees. While it is impossible to eliminate all risks of COVID-19 while attending an event, Spectra is confident we have mitigated many risks and can provide a clean, safe environment at the Iowa Events Center.
CLICK HERE to view a PDF of our Convention Center Reopening Guidelines
Iowa Events Center Event Updates
Please visit our event calendar for updates on all currently scheduled events as well as postponements and cancellations for previously scheduled events. Our event calendar will remain up to date with latest news on events.
Please Note if you are attending an upcoming meeting, event, or gathering at the Iowa Events Center:
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect our venue guests. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and Venue disclaims any and all liability related thereto.
In accordance with the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not attend their selected event:
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough and shortness of breath);
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19, unless you have had no fever for 72 hours (without use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared;
- Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and
- Guests who have traveled internationally in the past 14 days.
Iowa Events Center Partner Updates
Spectra is appreciative of those companies who invest in the Iowa Events Center to assist us with bringing you the best in entertainment. During this unprecendented time they remain open and ready to assist you with your needs. Please click on the company below to find out their latest news and how you can support them during this time.
Brick Street Market
Our current store hours are 8 am to 6 pm.
Online grocery orders for pickup or delivery at www.thebrickstreetmarket.com.
Take out or pick up of Cafe menu items available, order by phone at 515-967-2220.
Bubba is offering carryout, delivery (through Grub Hub & Door Dash) and limited dine-in capacity.
Carryout: Call 515-257-4744
Delivery: via DoorDash and GrubHub
Click Here to view Bubba's current menu, hours and ordering information.
Buffalo Wild Wings
Buffalo Wild Wings kitchens across the country remain open for Takeout and Delivery through our website, app and delivery partners. The safety of our guests and teams is, and will continue to be, our top priority as we navigate through this situation.
Click Here to view the website.
As the coronavirus situation evolves, Chick-fil-A Restaurants across the country may adjust their hours of operation, implement operational changes or temporarily close. Our focus during this difficult time is the safety and well-being of our Guests and Team Members. To learn more about potential changes at your local Chick-fil-A Restaurant, please visit our location finder here.
Community Choice Credit Union
- Lobbies temporarily closing - Drive-ups REMAIN OPEN
- ATM’s will be available 24/7
- If you need help from a real person, our drive-up staff can help you & our call center will be staffed to assist with any issues moving forward 515-334-8100 or online during regular business hours
Effective until further notice: Taproom closed due to Covid-19
- Beer to go
- Park in our lot & call 515-285-9005 ext 2
- We process payment over the phone & bring order out to you!
- Curbside Pickup
- 4-8pm Mon-Thurs
- Noon-8pm Fri
- Noon-5pm Sat & Sun
- Beer to go
Until further notice, all Fareway stores and meat markets will be open Monday-Saturday from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. The early closure will provide for additional cleaning and sanitation measures in our stores, as well as time for restocking inventory. As part of these new hours, the first hour of business from 8 – 9 a.m. will be reserved for those customers who are 65 and over, expecting mothers, those living with a serious chronic medical condition, and anyone with an underlying medical condition that increases the susceptibility to serious illness from COVID-19. We appreciate the advance cooperation from our customers in respecting the hour reserved for those that are at higher risk.
Click Here to visit the Fareway website.
Golden Rule Plumbing Heating and Cooling
AT GOLDEN RULE PLUMBING, HEATING, & COOLING, THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR CUSTOMERS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY, NOT ONLY DURING THESE CONCERNING TIMES WITH THE SPREAD OF COVID-19, BUT ALWAYS. OUR TEAM IS PREPARED TO CONTINUE DOING BUSINESS AS USUAL WHILE FOLLOWING THE CDC GUIDELINES TO NAVIGATE THIS SITUATION AS A SAFELY AS POSSIBLE FOR CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES. WE ARE ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU NEED US!
Visit us at www.goldenrulephc.com.
All stores will reserve 1 hour of shopping for customers at higher risk for illness. Customers age 60+, expectant moms & anyone with an underlying condition can shop from 7-8 a.m., daily. All other customers, visit us during our new store hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Click Here to see what other measures Hy-Vee is taking to keep you and their employees safe during this time.
April 9 update:
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (April 9, 2020) — Hy-Vee, Inc. announces today that, at more than 200 locations companywide, customers will be able to order curbside meals-to-go online. Through Hy-Vee’s Mealtime To Go offerings, customers can order hot, prepared foods along with take-and-bake meals. Meals will be available for free pick up in as little as 30 minutes or can be scheduled for a future pick up time.
Customers can order online at hy-vee.com/mealtime and can also access ordering via Hy-Vee’s Aisles Online app. Options will vary based on offerings available at each Hy-Vee store. Meals will include selections from Asian, Hickory House, sandwiches, breakfast, sushi and take-and-bake items. Several meals will come with one side option included.
Customers may also choose to add on additional food items to their orders. Customers will call a designated phone number provided in a confirmation email once they arrive at their store location for pick up. Employees will deliver food orders directly to customers’ vehicles.
- We're here for you with extended hours this weekend. Visit https://iowacliniccovid19.myhealthdirect.com to schedule your COVID-19 test online.
Iowa State Bank
Des Moines - 627 East Locust
West Des Moines - 3601 EP True Pkwy
Urbandale - 128th Street & Hickman
Des Moines - 3818 Hubbell Avenue
Des Moines - 6410 SW 9th Street
Urbandale - 128th Street & Hickman - Trust Department
Drive Up: M - F: 8:30am – 5:30pm, Saturday: 8:30am – Noon
Lobbies are temporarily closed due to COVID 19
All 6 Metro Jethro's BBQ restaurants are open for dine in full service at 50% seating capacity with many new safety complient improvements.
Click here to read about the new operating procedures.
Kwik Star prioritizes health and well-being by encouraging our coworkers who are not feeling well to stay home. We continuously monitor our bathrooms and wipe down all commonly contacted surfaces in our stores at least every 60 minutes to ensure continued cleanliness. We will be temporarily discontinuing food sampling and reallocating labor hours towards cleaning and sanitation efforts. We will also be discontinuing the use of refillable mugs and cups in our stores. Please utilize disposable cups temporarily at the interest of all of our customers.
Click Here to visit our website.
Lola's Fine Hot Sauce
Lola's Fine Kitchen
Lola's Fine Kitchen will remain closed through the month of May and will continue to evaluate the situation as it infolds. Order online for curbside pickup or delivery
Visit www.lolasfinekitchen.com for more details
Malo dining rooms will remain closed but you can order menu items to go or for delivery.
Current hours are Sunday – Thursday (11am-8pm), Friday & Saturday (11am-9pm)
Call 515-244-5000 or visit malodesmoines.com to order
RōCA will be reopening for dine-in service Tuesday, May 19 at 50% capacity and adequate spacing between the tables. Reservations through OpenTable or calling ahead are recommended.
Our current promotion is 10% off all Flour Tacos. Current hours are Monday Through Saturday 11am – 9pm. Visit www.tastytacos.com for locations and delivery information.
Click Here for information on how Wells Fargo is servicing their customers.