The Spectra team at the Iowa Events Center is excited to work with you to bring your event to life. It is our honor to host every event that comes to our building, and the past months have reminded us how privileged we are to work with all of you.
As always, our priority is the health and safety of everyone who enters our facility. We are taking every measure to ensure that we provide a safe environment for all our events by implementing cleaning and sanitizing procedures recommended by Spectra's corporate office as well as local health officials.
As of August 16, 2021, masks are not required when attending an event, meeting, or gathering at the Iowa Events Center; however, masks are recommended regardless of vaccination status. Event organizers may implement additional virus mitigation efforts for their event. Watch iowaeventscenter.com for additional updates.
Events that require additional COVID-19 entry and event policies will be updated on their specific event details page. To view each event, click on the event from the event calendar.
Wells Fargo Arena Fan Safety Guidelines:
- All staff, regardless of vaccination status, is required to do a temperature check prior to their shift.
- Non-vaccinated staff are required to wear a mask while working unless in their own office or in a meeting room where sufficient distancing is possible.
- Please make sure to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet between your party and others upon arrival and while navigating the concourse and seating area.
- Increased sanitization of high-contact areas including doors, railings and concession counters.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the venue at main entrances and high volume areas to promote hand hygiene.
- Concourse equipment is configured to allow for as much space on the concourse while allowing us to service event attendees appropriately.
- Wells Fargo Arena has a clear bag policy for all events. A maximum size of 12"x6"x12" is permitted. Exceptions are made for medical, family, or child care bags or small clutches no larger than 4.5"x6.5"
Iowa Events Center Reopening Guidelines for Convention Center Events
Spectra is excited to be "Together Again" with our clients, vendors, and attendees. The following staff policies and event guidelines have been developed to assist you as you navigate the event planning process. We are committed to working with each event organizer on a specific plan for their event that follows guidelines to allow each event to take place in a manner that is safe for the staff and attendees. While it is impossible to eliminate all risks of COVID-19 while attending an event, Spectra is confident we have mitigated many risks and can provide a clean, safe environment at the Iowa Events Center.
CLICK HERE to view a PDF of our Convention Center Reopening Guidelines (updated June 2021)
Iowa Events Center Event Updates
Events at Wells Fargo Arena, Community Choice Convention Center and Hy-Vee Hall are allowed to be held at full capacity, subject to each event planner's policies. This policy change took effect on June 1, 2021.
Please visit our event calendar for updates on all currently scheduled events as well as postponements and cancellations for previously scheduled events. Our event calendar will remain up to date with latest news on events. If an event has implemented additional COVID-19 safety measures for their event, it will be listed on their event details page.
*Policies and procedures subject to change.
Please Note if you are attending an upcoming meeting, event, or gathering at the Iowa Events Center:
COVID-19 ALERT: We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect our venue guests. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and Venue disclaims any and all liability related thereto.
In accordance with the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not attend tonight’s event:
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough and shortness of breath);
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19, unless you have had no fever for 72 hours (without use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; and
- Guests who have not been fully vaccinated and have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.