Operations Department Open Interviews
- Wednesday | Sep. 22, 2021 11:00 AM
- Wednesday | Sep. 22, 2021 5:00 PM
- Wednesday | Sep. 29, 2021 11:00 AM
- Wednesday | Sep. 29, 2021 5:00 PM
Positions Available: Operations Building Attendant
The Part-Time Building Attendant is an event-based position that works specifically in the areas of housekeeping, grounds maintenance, room sets, and arena conversions at the Iowa Events Center. Positions starting at $12.00 per hour.
Click here to apply!
- Set-up and tear down including risers, chairs, tables, pipe and drape, and other items as needed for events at the facility
- Execute accurate and timely completion of cleaning checklists and room sets
- Handle folding chairs, stacking chairs, tables of various shapes and sizes, drapery, and skirting
- Responsible for safe use of various supplies including a variety of cleaning chemicals, mops, brooms, shovels, and scrapers
- Operate an assortment of equipment including buffers/burnishers, rider sweepers/scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, blowers, vacuums, snow removal equipment, and others as needed
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Experience in a public facility is preferred
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedules including long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Click here to apply!
Please come with a completed application, ready to interview. Extra applications will be on-site if needed. Contact Harold Peterson for additional information.
Part-Time Building Attendant Online Application
Click here to review the job application.
For additional information, please contact Steve Carlson at [email protected].
Open Interview Dates & Times
Wednesday, September 1: 11:00 AM–1:00 PM & 5:00–7:00 PM
Wednesday, September 8: 11:00 AM–1:00 PM & 5:00–7:00 PM
Wednesday, September 15: 11:00 AM–1:00 PM & 5:00–7:00 PM
Wednesday, September 22: 11:00 AM–1:00 PM & 5:00–7:00 PM
Wednesday, September 29: 11:00 AM–1:00 PM & 5:00–7:00 PM
Parking & Location
Interviews will be conducted in Wells Fargo Arena. Park in the Wells Fargo Arena loading dock lot off 2nd Avenue and enter through security.