Iowa Events Center Announces Comprehensive Reopening Strategy Ahead of First Event on June 19
Thursday | June 18, 2020
DES MOINES, IA (6.18.20)—Spectra, operators of the Iowa Events Center, recently provided each of its facilities an all-inclusive reopening playbook. The playbook provides a blueprint of best practices, policies, and procedures for each venue to put in place prior to resuming events.
The “Together AGAIN!” custom reopening strategy was created using industry standards and recommendations; directives from local, state, and federal governments; guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) / World Health Organization (WHO) and health departments; and expertise from Spectra’s leaders and subject matter experts. In accordance with Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds’ updated proclamation allowing event venues to open at full capacity while following social distancing and other health regulations, the Iowa Events Center is scheduled to host Symposium Talent June 19-21 in Hy-Vee Hall. This event will be a hybrid virtual/in-person event.
Below is a summary of the key elements of the plan that will be implemented at events hosted at the Iowa Events Center:
- Space out and reduce lobby and foyer furniture to comply with social distancing standards
- Build event set ups in accordance with CDC and local social distancing guidelines
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Deep disinfection of entire events center
- Staff training on disinfection and safety equipment
- Using EPA approved disinfectant for COVID-19 amongst many other pathogens
- Purchase of Electrostatic sprayers for 360 coverage on touch point surfaces (in process)
- Staff, vendors, and contractors will be temperature screened daily upon arrival before being allowed to enter the Iowa Events Center.
- Spectra staff will be wearing masks in all public areas of the Iowa Events Center
- Designated event entrances will be used, and non-event related areas of the facility closed and sanitized.
- Pre and post event disinfection of all touch point surfaces to include door handles, furniture, restroom fixtures and dispensers, elevator buttons, escalator rails, handrails, etc.
- Constant disinfection of touch points during events
- Sanitizer stations at entries, elevators, escalator landings, docks, restrooms, and auxiliary spaces
“We put together a committee of key staff members to finalize our venue’s reopening plan and have been discussing all angles of the guest experience starting from the time they enter the parking lot to the time they head home,” Chris Connolly, Spectra’s General Manager at the Iowa Events Center, said. “We want our guests and our employees alike to know their health and safety is our top priority, and we’re taking every measure possible to ensure they have a safe experience.”
The Iowa Events Center will continue to provide updates via IowaEventsCenter.com and on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
# # #